In this acrticle we will discuss Properly size images
Properly sizing images refers to the very simple way of compress images to be sure that images are in the good size on a website page without lost image quality or page loading speed.
When your website images are not properly sized, they can cause several issues:
- Slow page load times: If images size are too large, they can take time to load, which will make your webpage slow.
- Poor user experience: Images that are too large can cause a page to appear cluttered, and users may have difficulty viewing the page content.
- Broken layouts: Images that are too large can cause a page layout to break or become distorted, making the page difficult to read.
To properly size images, web developers basically follow these best practices:
- Use image editing software to resize images before adding them to a website. This will make sure that images are the good size and it will not make slow webpage.
- Compress images for website use by reducing file size without lossing image quality. We can do this using image editing tools or by use images in the these file format, like JPEG or PNG.
- Use responsive images that screen wise adjust their size based on the device and screen size being used to view the webpage. This ensures that images are show properly on all screens, from desktop computers to mobile phones.
Properly sizing images is essential for ensuring that webpages load fastly, look great, and give an excellent UX.